Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!
Introducing Project Stay in Your Home
In January 2018, The Salvation Army—Redding began a homelessness prevention program called Project Stay in Your Home.
• Keeps individuals and families in their homes.
• Introduced budgeting and goal setting.
• Strives for long term success for both the owners/landlords and the renters/leaser/home owners.
2018 Project Stay in Your Home Facts
• 31 Households or 78 people staying in their home.
• $15,208.93 in rental/mortgage assistance. (An average of $491.00 per household.)
• $3,120,00 savings to the community of Shasta County. (The average homeless person costs our community $40,000 per year.*)
• 100% of funding goes to direct services.
Project Stay in Your Home Successes from 2018
33 Kids from 16 Families
10 Single-parent Households
6 Seniors (age 65 & over)
7 Individuals on Disability
1 Individual in Sober Living
Landlords Report Savings of Time and Costs
Vulnerable Populations and Homelessness
Single-parent families are among the poorest in the nation, and as such, are extremely vulnerable to homelessness.**
Children experiencing homelessness
• Have higher levels of emotional and behavioral problems
• Have increased risk of serious health problems
• Are more likely to experience separations from their families
• Experience more school mobility, repeat a grade, be expelled or drop out of school, and have lower academic performance. ***
Seniors & Homeless
45% of adults age 65 and older were “economically vulnerable” with incomes below 200% of the poverty threshold.
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its message is based on the Bible and its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and to meet human needs in His name, without discrimination.
The Salvation Army—Redding Corps
If you have any questions concerning any of our programs, volunteer opportunities, or services, contact us at:
2691 Larkspur Lane
Redding, CA 96002
References on Homelessness
* Shaun Donovan, HUD Secretary (2012)